You may have one of three Edwards & Co capsules so it's important to be sure which capsule you have before determining its expiry date.
Once you have established which capsule you have, the lifespans are as follows:
- The Avery Capsule has a 7-year lifespan from its date of manufacture.
- The S2 Capsule has a 7-year lifespan from its date of manufacture.
- The Edwards & Co Original Capsule has a 10-year lifespan from its date of manufacture.
To establish the date of manufacture of your capsule you'll simply turn it over and look for a series of clocks stamped into the plastic.
- Clock with numbers 0 to 12 represents the month of manufacture.
- Clock with numbers 0 to 31 represents the day of manufacture.
- Clock with a range of 6 x 2 digit numbers represents the year of manufacture.
Once you have established the date of manufacture, you will then add the lifespan of your capsule, as listed above, to calculate the expiry date.
For further information about establishing the manufacture date of your capsule, here is a helpful article: